My future job

 


Being so close to the end of my career -I’m in fourth year of sociology- one starts to think more and more often on how you are going to make a living out of what you have been learning all these years. Sociology has a very large specialization spectrum, but the labor field it’s no so wide, so the general offer is like this: a reduced group of activities in a wide field of topics. This flexibility allows you to change your area of work frequently, but most sociologist choose to specialize in a couple of topics. Considering the previous, I would like to take a major in Latin-American issues and work on that area beyond the specific activity that I dedicated myself at.

For the love I have for my cultural continent and considering other personal projects I would like to work on diplomacy, and having a sociology title and a related mayor it’s a good start. The nature itself of this job attracts me. Lots of traveling (and not just “touring”), the improvement of relations between our countries, the possibilities of meet important people and participate in important events, lots of free time too… It just seems fun.

It would be mostly indoor; although I do not love offices I don’t care that much. As I said, this job left a good amount of free time, and I could spend part of it hanging around outside, knowing better the countries and its people. The salaries are not great at the start, but they improve considerably as the years go by and you climb the ranks. It's just a nice option.

Comentarios

  1. Sounds a good plan!
    You can work on something you like and at once know the world!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I love that you are projecting yourself so well, I can realize that you know what you really want. I wish you the best of luck!

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Post graduate studies: one topic, many places.

My career choice